Background

Thursday, April 3, 2008

9 Weeks Old Tomorrow!

Andrew turned 2 months old last Friday; he will be 9 weeks old tomorrow! Monday was his original due date…we have been blessed to have him so early and so healthy! My mom and sister came to visit this week…it was nice to have a few extra sets of hands! I was able to take a nice uninterrupted shower! Last Thursday we went to the pediatrician for Andrew’s RSV shot. RSV season is over at the end of April (I believe) so thankfully we won’t have to go through that again. That was his first shot (that I witnessed) and it broke my heart to hear his little cry. When we went for the shot, he weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces. We then went on Saturday because Andrew was having a lot of tummy issues. He started to have all of the symptoms of reflux (common in preemies) and sure enough the pediatrician recommended Zantac. He weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces…a nice 6 ounce gain in only a few days. So that leads to his most recent visit to the pediatrician. Aunt Erin came went with us to his 2 month check up on Tuesday. I needed someone to be there when he had four shots! He also had to have an oral vaccine. It was quite the outing for the little peanut…he slept and slept and slept after that appointment. I was worried when he didn’t wake up every 2-3 hours at night to eat. I do have to say that it was one of the best nights of sleep that I have gotten in a while. He weighed a whopping 7 pounds 14 ounces at this visit…so another 6 ounce gain since Saturday. I can’t believe he is almost 8 pounds…and he probably is as I type this message. He also measures 20 ½ inches long and his head circumference is now 36 ½ cm. The doctor thinks that he is gaining weight “beautifully” and that he will have no problem on the growth curve. We can’t wait for it to warm up, so we can venture outdoors a little bit! We only leave to visit the doctor. We will go back to the eye doctor this Tuesday for another check up and then we’ll have a break for a few weeks before his next visit.

No comments: